CREATE YOUR AFFIRMATIONS TODAY!
Every now and then I need a boost to get me going for the day. And I'm not talking about caffeine. I’m talking about a spiritual or mental boost. Something to get me off the ground running in the right direction every single day.
Through my therapy sessions, journaling, reading, and listening to other’s journeys, I started a habit of reading a list of affirmations every morning. Sound hokey? Don’t knock it
’til you try it! And I dare you to try it daily for a week and tell me you don’t feel any differently. It always improves my day in one way or another.
These statements had to be empowering, meaningful to me in my life at the time, and true. I created my own list based on these criteria, but I want you to create your own list. Take my list as a lunching pad for inspiration to write your own.
I leave you with these daily affirmations:
Sit up straight, shoulders back, speak clearly and confidently
Take a deep breath.
1. I have the right to change my mind.
2. I have the right to be uniquely myself.
3. I have the right to ask for what I want.
4. I have the right to have my needs and wants respected by others.
5. I have the right to express all of my feelings, positive or negative.
6. I have the right to follow my own values and standards.
7. I have the right to be in a non-abusive environment.
8. I have the right to say no to anything when I feel that I am not ready, it is unsafe, or it violates my values.
9. I have the right to make friends and be comfortable around people.
10. I have the right to determine my own priorities.
11. I have the right to expect honesty from others.
12. I have the right to be angry with someone I love.
13. I have the right to say no to requests or demands that I can’t meet.
14. I have the right to make decisions based on my feelings at the time.
15. I have the right to my own needs for my personal space and time.
16. I have the right to be playful and frivolous.
17. I have the right to be healthier than those around me.
18. I have the right to change and grow.
19. I have the right to be treated with dignity and respect.
20. I have the right to be happy.
21. I have the right to make mistakes, and not have to be perfect.
Pause to collect my thoughts.
Take a few breaths and relax my shoulders
I can do this.
I will do this.
God is with me.